Saturday, June 23, 2012

Canon EF 70-200mm F/4L USM Lens Review

Canon EF 70-200mm F/4L USM Lens Review


This is the first review of one of Canons luxury lenses and I must say I absolutely love the Canon 70-200 f4 lens.If you're looking for a lens that can produce excellent quality shots without putting too much of a dent into your wallet then this lens maybe the one for you.As many of you know who visit my website regularly the Canon 70-200 f4 was my introduction to the luxury series of lenses produced by Canon and that was for a variety of reasons.The first reason was that the lens was in the focal range that I was looking for (70-200), the second was the great reviews from many of the top photographers who I have come to highly respect and the third was because of how affordable the lens is while producing high quality shots.Many years on from initially purchasing the 70-200 f4 I have used a huge variety of lenses including the 70-200 2.8 with image stabilisation which is seen as an upgraded model and I can honestly say if I'm out on location and I'm going to be hand holding my camera throughout the day then 9 times out of 10 I would rather take the f4 version.The reason for this is that the f4 version is much lighter and in my opinion is a little sharper.The 2.8 version of this lens does have its advantages though as it's a whole f-stop quicker and has image stabilisation; however the lens costs around $1300 more and if you don't need image stabilisation or the extra f-stop then get the f4 model as it offers better value for money.If you're looking for a lens that is suitable for everyday usage then this probably isn't the lens you're looking for as the 70-200 f4 is more suited for medium to medium-long range photography.I could talk about all the bells and whistles that this lens has such as internal focusing, constant aperture or the inner focusing system with the ultra sonic motor that allows super quick auto focusing, but I'm not going to.Instead I'm going to tell you about the amazing quality images this lens produces.If you have never used a luxury lens in the past then you're in for a real treat.One of the main things that I noticed when I got this lens was how amazingly sharp my images were, it was a quality I wasn't used to and since then I have never looked back.One word of warning however is that if you do purchase this lens then you will get L fever.L fever is probably one of the worst fevers that you can get and it will seriously take a chunk out of your bank balance.The quality of image on show from the luxury lens series produced by Canon is so good that you will never want to use any other type of lens again.Photographers looking to photograph..Models Portraits Fashion Shoots Events Sports Weddings Wildlife.Should look no further as the 70-200 f4L is an amazing lens that you can rely on shot after shot.

Canon EF 70-200mm F/4L USM Lens Review



0 comments:

Post a Comment